Create a Budget for Your Kilimanjaro Climb Cost $1650 to $3000
The Kilimanjaro Climb Cost ranges from $1650 to $3000 with Jerry Tanzania Tours. As you start planning for your Climbing Kilimanjaro Cost, the first step includes preparing a budget plan. Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro can be achieved first figuring out what is the Total Cost to Climb Kilimanjaro which is $5,000 (£3,500) approximately.
This includes international flight expenses, visa fees, travel insurance costs, other costs like tour extension, tipping, etc. The second step is choosing the right tour operator. A high valued tour operator like Jerry Tanzania Tours which is the no. 1 reputable operator on Mount Kilimanjaro will help you in Climbing Kilimanjaro with ease.
However, other factors influence your overall costs, such as personal expenses and more. Some of which we have discussed below:
Personal Cost To Climb Kilimanjaro - Things To Consider
- Flights to Tanzania $900-$1500
Your roundtrip International flight costs around $900 - $1500 and are excluded from the Kilimanjaro Climb Cost. They add a great deal of expense to your overall costs.
- Accommodation in Moshi or Arusha $200-$500
Accommodation cost ranges from $200-$500 for two nights at the hotel and 6-7 nights camping on the mountain.
- Your Kilimanjaro Route $1650 - $2600
The route you choose with shorter (6 Days - $1650) or longer (7-Days $1800) itinerary also adds to your Kilimanjaro Climb Cost. We always advise our climbers to choose longer itineraries to acclimatize well and for a high success rate while Climbing Kilimanjaro.
- Kilimanjaro Park Fees $800-$1200
The major part of the Kilimanjaro Climb Cost is the Park fee that ranges from $800-$1200. This fee included conservation, rescue, and crew fee on Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Tipping of Guides and Porters $250 - $300
The tipping cost of Kilimanjaro for a group Climb is $250-$300 depending on the number of crew members. You can save your Climbing Kilimanjaro Cost by choosing to climb with a larger group so that tour tipping cost gets divided.
|Travel to Tanzania||The price of international flights from your country|
|Travel to Arusha region||Cost of an internal flight or the drive to Arusha if not flying to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO)|
|Tanzania tourist visa||$50 (US citizens pay $100)|
|Travel insurance||Around $200|
|Universal adaptor||Price of a universal adaptor and voltage converter if you don’t yet have|
|Tanzanian SIM card||$2|
|Doctor visit, meds and vaccinations||Variable amount|
|Camping and trekking gear||No costs involved if using a tour operator like Follow Alice|
|Trekking clothing||Cost of whatever clothes you need to buy (you can rent a down winter jacket from Follow Alice for $40)|
|Kilimanjaro tour operator package fee||Price varies according to tour operator and route. Between about $2,000 and $3,000 for a value-for-money tour operator.|
|Single supplement (if you want your own accommodation)||Around $200|
|Kilimanjaro mountain crew tips||$250 to $300|
|Spending cash||Personal preference|
All-in-All – Other factors influencing the Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro Cost
- Travel to Kilimanjaro International Airport: The price of international flights from your country. It is advisable to book your flights at least 6-9 months ahead of time to be on the safe side.
- Travel to Arusha region: Cost of an internal flight or the drive to Arusha if not flying to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO). This saves you Kilimanjaro Climb Cost.
- Tanzania tourist visa: It costs you around$50 (US/North Korean citizens pay $100) and you can apply for it online to avoid long queues in Tanzanian airports.
- Travel insurance: The cost of travel insurance for Tanzania is around $200 and must be bought beforehand for your safety in the mountains.
- Tanzanian SIM card: You can purchase a SIM card in Tanzania at $2 only.
- Doctor visit, meds, and vaccinations: Variable amount
- Camping and trekking gear: No costs involved if using a tour operator like Jerry Tanzania Tours
- Trekking clothing: Cost of whatever clothes you need to buy (you can rent a down winter jacket from Jerry Tanzania Tours for $60)
- Kilimanjaro tour operator package fee: Price varies according to route, itinerary between about $1650 and $3,000 for a value-for-money tour operator
- Single supplement (if you want your accommodation): Around $200
- Kilimanjaro mountain crew tips: $250 to $300
- Spending cash: Personal preference
Jerry Tanzania Tours Kilimanjaro Climb Costs for 2020/2021 Trips
Choose for the next climb to Mount Kilimanjaro and we promise you won’t regret this decision. We provide you with experienced tour guides who at least 6-7 years of Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro experience. Apart from this, you will be provided with the best gear, camping and hiking equipment, sufficient porters, etc. Contact us today to know more!