It is always advisable to have arrival should be one day before Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. There are many reasons for arrival before one day. The first important thing which should not be to miss the most vital part of your journey. That is the “BRIEFING SESSION” which includes almost all things about the dos and don’ts of Kilimanjaro Climb.
Sometimes it happens that clients will able to book an alternative flight, they arrive several hours after they were expecting. Other times, they overlooked out on their trek totally. There are many reasons that will cause a delay on your way to JRO. That’s why we really recommend booking that extra arrival day.
ADVANTAGES OF EXTRA DAY DURING KILIMANJARO CLIMB
- You have a great time get to relax after a long flight journey.
- You can have time if your luggage gets delay or lost. And notify your driver and the operator will help you to find it out. May the time takes for verifying Kilimanjaro Travel Insurance.
- You will enough time for packing your carry-on bag with all your needs for the first couple of trekking days.
- And the foremost reason that you get a Kilimanjaro Climb briefing the day before your climb. We usually have one in the late morning and one in the late afternoon. When you arrive at the hotel, there will be a sign that notifies you of your trip briefing times.
WHY YOU CAN’T-MISS THE KILIMANJARO TRIP BRIEFING?
Plan your journey according to the map and the everyday notification will give you by your operator. So that you know what to expect. We will also provide a map of the Kilimanjaro Routes.
You must need the gear and equipment. So, rental gear will be provided but the good point is Jerry Tanzania Tours has been providing the gears Free of cost. We make sure to bring everything you need for the Kilimanjaro Hike.
Passport and money should be left at the hotel. There is a chance of having it stolen. We will know what to do at the trip briefing.
WHAT KILIMANJARO BRIEFING INCLUDES?
Kilimanjaro Climb trip briefing is one of the vital parts before hiking. Well, it includes all the necessary actives. Activities of attitudes would be followed on the mountain and the most basics which should be carried with.
FOOD AND WATER
- Drinking of 4litres of water per day – drinking water is very vital when hiking at high altitudes.
- Eat as much as you can and want, don’t be courteous. Feeding is vital to keep eating Kilimanjaro Food even when you don’t want to.
Also, one of the most essential factors in having a successful Kilimanjaro climb is Kilimanjaro Safety.
Providing a safe trip is our responsibility.
- Everyday health check-up on the mountain.
- A medical check-up at the trip briefing. It will be repeated at every campsite.
- Temperature, oxygen saturation, and heart rate will be check.
- Use an ultraviolet or armpit thermometer for temperature readings
- Measure your blood pressure.
ACUTE MOUNTAIN SYMPTOMS (AMS) SYMPTOMS
As per Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro Guide feel free to express the symptoms. If you are facing any of the resulting symptoms, speak up. Either at the regular health check-up or along the track.
- Loss of Appetite
First of all, we do offer medication for you except if it is a backup. You should bring your own.
Diarrheal – Cipro is better.
Aspirin – Taking aspirin is not recommend because it is a blood thinner which is not good acclimation.
Diamox – Doctor prescribed. Talk to our guides before taking medications. If you choose to take Diamox, you’ll need to get a recommendation from your doctor.
KILIMANJARO SAR EVACUATION INSURANCE
Some operators offer Kilimanjaro SAR, free of charge to all clients. This is a helicopter emptying and is only need in cases of HAPE, HACE, or a severe injury.
PERSONAL HYPERBARIC CHAMBER
Also, for the extensive Northern Circuit route, we also carry a Gamow bag. It is a private hyperbaric chamber that simulates lower elevation.
Finally, if in case you miss the trip briefing, what you can do? Either because you’re late coming on flights or you were on safari, we will give you a shortened trip briefing. It will in the morning before heading towards Kilimanjaro. More information like Kilimanjaro Packing List and guide have an inquiry @ Jerry Tanzania Tours.