Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is the most popular gutsy dream, found in the eyes of every adventurous traveler. Both experienced hikers and first-time adventure seekers are welcome to the Kilimanjaro because it is considered to be the easiest ascend among the seven summits. Wondering, Can You Climb Kilimanjaro For Free? Then let us inform you, Kilimanjaro Climb for free is technically not possible. Kilimanjaro is not only Africa’s tallest peak but also the world’s tallest free-standing mountain having a height of approximately 6000 meters.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR KILIMANJARO HIKE:
- The Tanzanian government and Kilimanjaro National Park Authority jointly changed the Kilimanjaro traveler policy towards the unsupported Kilimanjaro Trek.
- That means the authority made it mandatory that all the trekkers are accompanied by a registered and licensed Kilimanjaro guide.
- All the trekkers must be registered with the Kilimanjaro National Parks Authority before they start their Kilimanjaro Hike, and need to register at each camp they cross through their chosen route.
- Travelers have to stay on one of the seven official routes and it is prohibited to take shelter at the bivouacs or caves. You cannot use Wood fires too.
- Keeping the camping and cooking in mind, the standard Kilimanjaro Trek includes the association of a registered guide along with Kilimanjaro Porters to carry tents, gas, food, and a trekker’s gear.
- Hence, without proper authentication and permission, Kilimanjaro National Park will not allow you to be Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro without Kilimanjaro guides.
A ROUGH ESTIMATION OF KILIMANJARO CLIMB COST:
Kilimanjaro Climb Cost ranges from US$1,000 to $4,000 excluding the flight charges, clothing, and gear. You can add another $1000 or $2000 for all these expenses depending on the place where you are departing from. Various factors are affecting the expected Kilimanjaro Climb Price Such as;
- Flight Fare: it purely depends upon the place where you book your departure ticket.
- Tanzania Visa Cost: For entering the Tanzanian border, you must carry a Tanzanian Visa. Tanzania Visa Cost for all citizens except for the USA is $50. It costs %100 for US citizens.
- Travel insurance: You will find various policies on the Kilimanjaro Travel Insurance starting from $50. We recommend travel insurance which covers the health issues as well as the cancellation. It will cost around $100.
- Vaccination: Before you start your Kilimanjaro expedition, you must do all the prescribed vaccinations such as cholera, yellow fever, malaria, diphtheria, hepatitis, tetanus, rabies, measles, etc. The whole Kilimanjaro Vaccination will add around $100 to your Kilimanjaro Climb Cost.
- Time Of Travel: the season you are traveling to hike Mount Kilimanjaro plays a vital role in estimating the Kilimanjaro Hiking Cost. You will find a surge in the hotel prices during the dry season where the price decreases during the rainy season.
- Duration: the more time you will spend on the Kilimanjaro Trails, the more you have to pay against Climb Kilimanjaro Cost.
- Accommodation: There is a long list of hotels and lodges in Mount Kilimanjaro. You can select the accommodation according to your budget.
- Tipping Of The Kilimanjaro Guide: Though it is not compulsory to Tip the guides on Mount Kilimanjaro it is a tradition showing the token of thanks. You can tip as per the quality of services you receive. A rough estimation of the tipping of the Kilimanjaro crew members adds an extra $300 to your Kilimanjaro Climb Cost.
If there is any question in your mind regarding How To Climb Kilimanjaro For Free? then probably you are wrong. Due to the rules and regulations by the park authority, it is mandatory to be accompanied by the Kilimanjaro guides and porters keeping your safety at first priority. Jerry Tanzania Tours has some irresistible offers going on the Kilimanjaro Climb Packages. Have a look at our website and pick the best offer. Do contact us for any assistance.