All the way, Tanzania Safari Facts give you a constant sense of wonder and surprise in every step as you don’t know what you will discover the next moment on your Tanzania Safari Tours. Each step inside the country will amaze you with something or the other. The country has to offer an endless list of breath-taking things to explore.
Apart from the national parks, you will also witness stunning cultural trips, panoramic views never to forget, tranquil beaches, and many adventurous activities that the country has to offer on Tanzania Safari Trips. We have a collection of 10 amazing Tanzania Facts which will help you to choose the perfect destination for your next Tanzania Safaris Tour.
A Tanzania Safari to Tanzania National Park is not just a vacation trip to meet some animals but also it’s a lifetime journey that allows learning few never-forgetting lessons. Movement of more than a million wildebeest, epic hiking opportunities, terrific beauty of Ngorongoro Crater, and brimming animals sealed in the national parks make the country top the list of “Best Safari Destination across the World”.
Nearly 30% Of Tanzania Is National Park
Tanzania is all about national parks, vast wilderness areas allowing some of the highest concentration of animals are the prime reasons why millions of people book their tickets to this country. You will be able to witness all of this and more with our excellent Tanzania Safari Packages that are customized as per your needs.
- The national parks are not famous only for animal viewing but it also has to offer stunning views of rolling grassland, savannah, lush green forest, and more inside these national parks.
- The country is a homeland to 16 national parks and reserve areas that acquires 30% land of the country.
Few iconic national parks of the country: Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro National Park, Ruaha National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, and more.
Great Migration Sees Over 2 Million Animals Across The Plain
The Great Wildebeest Migration is another fact that drives millions of visitors especially nature and wildlife crazy people to the country for witnessing this iconic show. With Jerry Tanzania Tours, the best Tanzania Safari Operator, you will be able to experience is awe-striking views with ease.
- The dry season in the country stuns the world with its migrating herds that are large and aggressive.
- Around 2 million Zebras, Impalas, Wildebeests, and Thomson gazelle cross the Serengeti’s endless plain in search of water.
Where to watch the migration: Serengeti National Park is the best place to watch this world-famous migrating herd.
Spot The Highest Number Of Lion In Serengeti Than Any Other Park
Among the most Interesting Facts About Tanzania, the fact that you can spot the highest number of lions on Serengeti is the best news as to where would you have otherwise spotted so many lions and their families all together in the world?
- Living in the grasslands, scrub, and open woodlands of sub-Saharan Africa there are fewer lions left in the country.
- These magnificent animals that are considered as the king of the jungle are very common to spot in Serengeti.
- If you are looking forward to meeting a herd or few freely roaming lions or lionesses Serengeti National Park should be at the top of your list.
Interesting fact: Serengeti has the largest lion population of the country that is the world’s greatest lion sanctuary with some 3,000 lions.
Wondering How Much Does A Tanzania Safari Cost? Contact our travel experts at Jerry Tanzania Tours to know more.
Meet 1000 Years Old Baobab Trees
The most important Tanzania Safari Facts is about the Baobab trees. The Baobab Trees are a recognizable symbol of Tarangire National Park, these trees are huge, so huge that even an African elephant looks tiny species in front of it.
- Thick, sturdy trunk and stunted root-like branches make it stand-out from other trees in the national park.
- The Baobab trees are the oldest; some of them are 1000 years old.
An interesting fact about Baobab: Tarangire baobabs can reach up to 30m high, with an 11m diameter trunk.
Did you know?
“The largest crab in the world is found in Tanzania. Among the Amazing Tanzania Safari Facts, Tanzania hosts one of the largest crabs in the world. Measuring up to 1 meter from one leg to the other, the coconut crab can weighs as much as 4.1 kilograms. These crabs spend most of their time on land and are adept at climbing trees.”
Stepping Out Of The Safari Vehicle Is Strictly Prohibited
On your Tanzania Safari Tours, you are not allowed to take a walk inside the Tanzania National Parks.
- The country having a high concentration of deadly predators like cheetahs, lions, hyenas, African Wild dogs, etc. it’s quite dangerous to walk in.
- The guide will take you closer as much as possible watch to these animals from an unprovoked distance.
- However, there are few spots in some of the national parks where walking safari is allowed.
- But there are a lot of strict rules as well as you can’t step on a single more foot forward from the allowed area during your Tanzania Safari.
Top national parks allowing walking safari: Ruaha National Park, Selous Game Reserve, Katavi National Park, Tarangire.
Unorthodox Yet Interesting Behaviour Of Lions
Among the top Tanzania Safari Facts, is the fact that Lake Manyara National Park is famous for the iconic tree-climbing lions.
- Now however there are few other national parks where a tree-climbing lion has been spotted.
- This is a very unique behavior of lions that are never seen in any other place in the world.
- While planning a Tanzania Safari, you can expect to get surprised and spot rarest things out of which the tree-climbing lions are iconic.
Where can spot tree-climbing lions: Apart from Lake Manyara National Park, you can spot tree-climbing lions at Serengeti National Park in Tanzania.
Tallest Free-Standing Peak Of The World; Mount Kilimanjaro
On your Tanzania Safari Trips, you will not only witness the national parks, animals, and natural beauty of the national parks of the country but also the magnificent volcanic peaks of the country which are one of the prime attractions of the country.
- Kilimanjaro is the iconic peak that attracts 30,000+ trekkers to hike the 5,895m height. The mountain is the highest peak in the country.
Interesting Fact: You can see 5 distinct Ecosystems from crest to Peak of this majestic Mountain
Tarangire Holds The Highest Concentration Of Elephants
Located about 2 hours drive from Arusha, Tarangire National Park is one of the small but scenic national parks of the country.
- Even being smaller in size the national park offers a great number of animals to encounter out of which elephants are the most common and eye-catching.
- On your Tanzania Safari Trips visiting this Tanzanian National Park is not just cost-effective but also helps you watch some of the best mammals in much less time.
- If you will visit the park in the dry season you may witness something unusual, the elephant’s trunk inside the sand that will make you feel like they are drinking sand, however, they are digging the sand for the water under it as they can smell the water.
Lake Tanganyika Literally Flows Through 4 Different Countries
Lake Tanganyika is the largest freshwater lake in the world that is flowing in the African continent. The lake is also the second deepest after Lake Baikal in Russia. The lake reaches a depth of 1433 meters that is an astounding 642m below sea level. Tanganyika Lake flows in 4 countries namely Tanzania, Burundi, Congo DR, and Zambia.
Interesting Facts: The Lake boasts more than 350 endemics as well as hosts an immense population of fish.
Tanzania Is Home To Distinctive And Delicious Cuisine
Apart from Tanzania Safari Facts is the delicious Tanzania Traditional Food which is the inseparable part of any vacation and Tanzania is no different. The country offers a great variety of authentic Tanzanian food cooked with many herbs and spices. Many local foods are kind of part of their daily life and tradition. The cuisines usually combine East African flavors with the best in Indian and Middle Eastern essence.
Some must-try food: Ugali, Maandazi, Vitumbua, Waliwanazi, NdiziKaanga, Mishkaki, and NyamaChoma
LEARN MORE SUCH INTRIGUING TANZANIA SAFARI FACTS WITH JERRY TANZANIA TOURS
Learn everything about the Tanzania Language or the Best Time To Visit Tanzania even learn about the various Things To Do In Tanzania and more with us at Jerry Tanzania Tours. Planning a Tanzania Safari can be a tough thing as you get So many astonishing options Throughout the Years.
But make sure to pack the right thing and choose the right time to enjoy the best of Tanzania National Parks on your safari trip. The bad weather can make your Tanzania Safari Tours less enjoyable, so choose the dry season always that is from late June to October as the vegetation is thin hence the chance of spotting wildlife became high and easy. Just click at jerrytanzaniatours.com to plan a life-time trip to Tanzania.