Climbing Kilimanjaro Cost implication should be considered when planning your attempt on Kilimanjaro. Kilimanjaro Climb Cost will definitely depend according to the number of days selected and also the type of Kilimanjaro routes preferred.
Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is easier compared to other summits as you will not require any technical skills to reach the summit. It may also be more challenging for beginners according to Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro Reviews, as climbers give different types of opinions while they climb it for the first time. However, here are the details on Climbing Kilimanjaro On A Budget and Climb Kilimanjaro Cost.
Kilimanjaro Flight Cost
Getting to Kilimanjaro is the first thing you will need to plan and this could be the decider of your Kilimanjaro Climb Cost. You may take a cheap Flight or drive on your own to reach and Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. There are few direct flights to Kilimanjaro International Airport.
However, there are many connecting flights to Kilimanjaro from other countries too. Travelers flying from UK, Australia, Canada, or other parts of the world have a few options to explore and you will need to carefully consider based on your Climbing Kilimanjaro Cost from UK, US and other parts of the world. The nearest airport to Mount Kilimanjaro is Nairobi, Kenya.
You can get a bus transfer or private transportation from Nairobi to Moshi or Arusha to save Kilimanjaro Climb Cost.
Cost For Kilimanjaro Preparation
You may be a beginner or a professional climber; you will need proper preparation and take precautions for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. Your physical fitness is important while climbing Kilimanjaro and makes it easy to climb. You will need to start preparation before 2 weeks of Climbing Kilimanjaro. You can get into a normal in the park for 5-6 miles or hike a short hill or trek a short mountain. If you are wondering, is it worth to Climb Kilimanjaro? Yes, it is worth it if you climb with proper preparation and precaution.
You will need to maintain your physical fitness and also be mentally fit to reach the summit. The main exercises you can follow for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro are; Strength training, Aerobic training, Hiking, Weight training, and Mental Stamina.
The main precautions to take care of are, follow the right diet; Consume Adequate calories, Consume carbohydrate-rich food, Consume Adequate protein, Load up iron before your trek. You can follow Climb Kilimanjaro Guide for a proper diet plan. It is also suggested to consult with your doctor before you plan for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
Average Cost Estimate Kilimanjaro Route Wise
Kilimanjaro offers a variant of routes to reach its beautiful summit. There are many Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro Packages offered via different Kilimanjaro Routes. Each route has its own and unique attractions.
Here is the list of Cost To Climb Kilimanjaro via Kilimanjaro routes.
- Machame Route: Machame Route is one of the scenic routes and has an option for acclimatization. The average cost via this route would cost $3,500 to $5,000 per person according to the number of days preferred.
- Marangu Route: Marangu Route is the oldest route which is the only route to offer Hut accommodation. This route will cost $2,500 to $4,000 according to the number of days.
- Rongai Route: It is the only route to begin from the Northern circuit; Rongai Route is the only route with a lesser crowd. The average cost is $3,500 to $4,500 per person.
- Lemosho Route: Lemosho Route is the most successful route with above 95%. It may cost you around $3,500 to $5,500 as per the number of days.
- Northern Circuit Route: Northern Circuit Route with the longest itinerary and also has the highest success rate with above 92%. The average cost would be around $3,200 to $5,200 per person according to the number of days.
Hence, we can say that the Total Cost to climb Kilimanjaro will completely depend according to the number of days and type of route chosen.
Our suggestion is to choose a midrange Kilimanjaro route to reduce Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro Cost and enjoy a successful summit. The main catch here is, if you choose a few days route you will have a lesser success rate, if you choose a higher success rate route, it will be more expensive.
Finally, If you are wondering; How to climb Kilimanjaro? Then, it may not be really possible as you will at least need a guide and porter for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, as you are not allowed to climb without a guide.
Other Expenses During Climbing Kilimanjaro
There are few other expenses which include in Climb Kilimanjaro Cost:
- Vaccination: You will need to get some vaccines before traveling to Kilimanjaro and this should be included in your budget. The main vaccination is for Yellow fever and other common vaccinations include Typhoid, Rabies, and others.
- Travel Visa: You may need a Travel Visa to enter Tanzania according to your country. It would be better to apply for Visa in advance if your country requires a Visa for Tanzania.
- Travel Insurance: You are climbing one of the highest mountains in the world and you will really need a Kilimanjaro Travel Insurance which will cover above 6000 ft above sea level and also include helicopter evacuation from the Mountains.
- Tips: It is a regular practice in Kilimanjaro to tip the Mountain crew like guides, porters, cooks, and other mountain crews. The suggested tips to guides are $10-$15 per day, Cooks are $10-$15 per day, and Porters are $5 – $10 per day.
Climbing Kilimanjaro is one of the best experiences of a lifetime. So, considering the above factors Kilimanjaro Climb Cost is not that expensive for Adventure climbers. You can always rely on Jerry Tanzania Tours for a budget-friendly Kilimanjaro climbing. We are one of the best and cost-effective Kilimanjaro Tour Operator in Tanzania.