You are not comfortable in planning to travel during these tough times? But have you knew Tanzania is Now Safe and Kilimanjaro is getting the steps of True Adventurers. If your next destination is Mount Kilimanjaro we have the most optimised Kilimanjaro Climb Cost 2020 – 2021, prepared just for you to assist your exclusive Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro travel plans this year.
So if you are among those wondering How Much Does It Cost To Climb Mount Kilimanjaro? The shortest answer is around $4000 to $6000 per person for a 6-7 days trek. But the true price of a cheap Kilimanjaro climb is much less. However, we do not recommend it to you as it means compromising on your safety and security.
How Much Does It Cost To Climb Kilimanjaro?
Your Climb Kilimanjaro Cost 2020-2021 depends mostly on the following factors:
- International Travel Cost to Kilimanjaro Airport
- Cost of Tanzania visa
- Price of Travel insurance for Kilimanjaro
- Cost of Medications and vaccinations for Tanzania
- Camping and trekking gear List (Rental costs)
- Tour Package Costs for Climbing Kilimanjaro
- Tipping on Mount Kilimanjaro
- Miscellaneous expenses (Solo traveller supplement)
|Travel to Tanzania||The price of international flights from your country|
|Travel to Arusha region||Cost of an internal flight or the drive to Arusha if not flying to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO)|
|Tanzania tourist visa||$50 (US citizens pay $100)|
|Travel insurance||Around $200|
|Universal adaptor||Price of a universal adaptor and voltage converter if you don’t yet have|
|Tanzanian SIM card||$2|
|Doctor visit, meds and vaccinations||Variable amount|
|Camping and trekking gear||No costs involved if using a tour operator like Follow Alice|
|Trekking clothing||Cost of whatever clothes you need to buy (you can rent a down winter jacket from Follow Alice for $40)|
|Kilimanjaro tour operator package fee||Price varies according to tour operator and route. Between about $2,000 and $3,000 for a value-for-money tour operator.|
|Single supplement (if you want your own accommodation)||Around $200|
|Kilimanjaro mountain crew tips||$250 to $300|
|Spending cash||Personal preference|
So What Is The Approximate Cost For A 6 Days Machame Climb? The total Climbing Kilimanjaro Cost = $5,000 (£3,500).
Are you wondering why the cost of Climbing Kilimanjaro is so high? The true cost of a Kilimanjaro climb could be even less than $3000 depending on your International air travel costs and the number of days you choose for the trek.
But choosing cheap tour operators who promise to help you reach the summit in $1000 or $1500 should not be trusted. Here’s why:
- Every year both climbers and porters die on Kilimanjaro. Needlessly.
- The very first place where budget Kilimanjaro operators will cut Kilimanjaro trek cost
- Quality equipment that keeps you warm and dry even in the worst weather affects Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro Cost
- Environmentally responsible behaviour also impacts Climbing Kilimanjaro Cost.
- Your chances of reaching the summit and your chances of coming back down increase and decrease with the Cost to Climb Kilimanjaro.
- Kilimanjaro climbs that cost less are guaranteed to cut corners.
But then how can you cut costs for a budget climb?
- The larger the climbing group, the lower the price per person
- What will also determine the overall cost is the route you’ll be taking, so choose a shorter itinerary but add a day to acclimatise for a high success rate
- Booking from overseas is more expensive than booking when you get there, but doing so also doesn’t guarantee a safe spot in the group or any confirmed accommodations in Moshi upon arrival.
- Group Kilimanjaro Climbs: Group climbs cost less if you are a solo traveller, then we advise you to join a group to save your overall costs.
- Private Kilimanjaro Climbs: If you are booking private climbs then try planning a longer itinerary as it manages the overall costs. Your avg. 5-Day Kilimanjaro Trek Cost will be more compared to the avg. Of 8-9 Day Kilimanjaro Climb Cost.
Factors Affecting Your Kilimanjaro Climb Cost
Tour Operators – Budget/Luxury
Booking with luxury or mid-range tour operators is the new norm trending that we have noticed recently. However, we are often asked how we can be priced thousands of dollars less than the luxury operators.
- While many Luxury Kilimanjaro Operators charge high for a 6 -7 Days trek do not assume that a high-cost operator is providing a superior climb for the money.
- It is also not favourable to consider General Tour Operators as the General tour operators, by definition, are not experts on Mount Kilimanjaro.
- While Luxury Kilimanjaro operators lure people with extraordinary success, greater safety standards and similar extras, but will charge very high prices.
With Jerry Tanzania Tours your Kilimanjaro Climb Cost will range from $1700 to $2500 (excluding international flight costs, tipping and travel insurance costs).
Are you planning to Book from Foreign tour operators?
What most Kilimanjaro Climbers who are beginners do not know that most of these luxury tour operators are not based in Tanzania (foreign tour operator), and the following are the three consequences of booking from them:
- They are no experts and Kilimanjaro is not their daily business
- Third-party bookings – meaning you are paying more, despite your Kilimanjaro crew being paid less.
- Your point of contact is far away if something goes wrong. Your language may be different from that of your guides as well.
Jerry Tanzania Tours is locally based and provides tours for English and German speakers as well.
Unexpected Expenditures to Plan with Luxury Tour Operators
While Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is an unpredictable experience, following are some things to avoid helping cut your Kilimanjaro cost on the mountain:
- Portable showers: You may be offered with portable showers to be taken up the mountain which will add to your extra Mount Kilimanjaro Climb Cost but remember that in temperatures -20 degree Celsius there is no point in expecting warm showers and investing in it.
- Bottled Kilimanjaro water: It is very easy to fetch fresh water in the mountains so there is no point in carrying bottled water that will freeze in minus temperatures.
Kilimanjaro Park fees
The Kilimanjaro Climb Cost for Park fees is around $800 and includes Camping fees, Rescue fees, Staff wages, Taxes, conservation fees, etc. This is non-negotiable and remains constant despite the type of tour operator you choose.
|FEES PAYABLE||CLIMBER COST /DAY||CLIMBER/TRIP (7 DAYS)|
|Rescue Fee (Paid Per Trip)||$20||$20|
|Crew Fee (13 People)||$13||$91|
|Overall Park Fees||$120||$1122|
Why Choose Jerry Tanzania Tours for your next Mount Kilimanjaro 2020-2021 Adventure?
Among over 200 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators in Tanzania and abroad, you must be wondering why choose Jerry Tanzania Tour’s services? Well, we are number one Tanzanian Tour Company in the country and with over 15 years of experience, we have assisted over thousands of climber to Mount Kilimanjaro.
The Cost to Climb Mt Kilimanjaro is well managed by and we look after your expenses to the utmost detail, trying to cut down the Climb Kilimanjaro Cost.
|EQUIPMENT COMPARISON||BUDGET KILIMANJARO CLIMB||MID-RANGE KILIMANJARO CLIMB||LUXURY KILIMANJARO CLIMB|
|Cost||$1600- $2000||$2000- $3000||$3000 – $4000|
|Private Toilets And Mess Tents||YES||YES||YES|
|The Quality Of Food||Good Enough But Not High Quality||High Quality||High Quality|
|Carry Pulse Oximeter||YES||YES||YES|
|6 Days, 7 Days Or 8 Days||6 Days||7 days Or 8||8 Days|
|GEAR||NO||Yes But Normal Range Gears||Yes, High Range Gears|
Apart from we pledge to provide a strict standard of service on all of our climbs, including:
- fair wages to our employees
- quality, waterproof, four-season mountain hardware tents
- solid safety and crisis management procedures
- roomy dining tents with table and chairs
- professional, experienced guides
- fresh, healthy, nutritious food
- high guide to client ratio of 1:2
- clean, purified drinking water
- hard-working, team-oriented support staff
- emergency oxygen and medical kits ( upon request)
So why wait for booking your next destination with us when the seats are fast getting filled? Call us now to check availability of dates for 2020-2021 tour package slots and speak to our travel experts directly!