Climbing Kilimanjaro is one of the most popular and adventurous activities for all the nomads. So What Is Minimum Age To Climb Mount Kilimanjaro? The Kilimanjaro National Park authority has declared all the travelers above ten years can go for a successful Kilimanjaro Climb.
LOWER AGE LIMITS FOR KILIMANJARO CLIMB
- The Kilimanjaro National Park Authority has set ten years for every adventure seeker for their Kilimanjaro Hike.
- Still, we usually recommend a minimum age of 13 years to be a part of the extraordinary Kilimanjaro Trek.
- No doubt climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is a bit tricky. Though Kilimanjaro Climb does not require any technical knowledge, still the risk is there.
- Recently in 2018, an eight-year-old baby girl Roxy Getter from Florida has become the youngest to hike Mount Kilimanjaro.
- The youngest kid who made a successful Kilimanjaro Summit is Keats Boyd. He completed Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in 2007 when he was only seven years old.
UPPER AGE LIMITS FOR KILIMANJARO CLIMB
- There is no upper age limit for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- The age group above sixty to seventy is generally better than the younger group. They can deal with adverse situations in the Kilimanjaro climate.
- We have many records of past visitors. You can find a huge number of old people come for adventure desire.
- The oldest person who had completed to touch the Kilimanjaro Summit was a woman, Angela Vorobeva of Russia. She completed the summit in October 2015. She was 86 years and 267 days old, which means at an age of almost 87.
HOW THE PHYSICAL & MEDICAL FITNESS SHOULD BE FOR KILIMANJARO HIKE?
Besides the age limits, you should keep an eye on the physical fitness of your Kilimanjaro Group. Because climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, above 6000 meters is obviously a challenging task for all.
- You must start your Training For Kilimanjaro at least six months prior to your Kilimanjaro Trek.
- There is no need to undergo rigorous physical training. The average physical training is required to face the tough situation on Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Travelers having any shape and size from Marathon runners to exercise adverse. You must be physically sound because your body is going to carry considerable strain during the Kilimanjaro Trekking.
- Before starting your Kilimanjaro Hike, you must undergo a proper health checkup. So keeping an eye on your medical profile is good.
- People with high blood pressure or cardiac concern are more prone to severe risk at high altitudes.
- One of the biggest Mount Kilimanjaro Facts is that you cannot enter the city without Yellow Fever Vaccination certification. Along with this, there are some other vaccinations that you must do before your Kilimanjaro trip. They are Hepatitis, Tetanus, Cholera, Diphtheria, Malaria, Measles, rabies, etc.
- If you are falling under the age group of 40-50, then we suggest a full medical checkup before a week. Because these age groups found at high risk.
TRAVEL WITH JERRY TANZANIA TOURS
For little adventure seekers age between 10 – 16 years old, we are going to provide some extra guides. In any situation, if you have anyone above seventy in your group then we provide extra health checks. If you want to go Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, Jerry Tanzania Tours offers the best opportunity for travelers. We are famous for our hospitality and facilities.
Visit our website and check some irresistible offers there and also share your views and queries in the comment section below.