When making a trip to Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, it is hard to buy the Kilimanjaro Travel Insurance that covers your outing to Mt. Kilimanjaro. Truth be told, many tour companies necessitate that you buy satisfactory travel insurance before you are permitted to take part. Tragically, most Travel Insurance plans exclude mountaineering from their base strategy. So need to consider the best Travel Insurance plan before climbing the roof of Africa!
We receive queries asking; “Do I Need Travel Insurance To Climb Mount Kilimanjaro”. Hence, we have made detailed research and updated a few points on why you need Kilimanjaro Travel Insurance? What does it cover and what are the procedures of applying for insurance while Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
Kilimanjaro Travel Insurance will protect you against trip interruption, trip cancellation, delays, and unforeseeable expenses, such as lost, stolen, and damaged baggage; medical expenses, and emergency medical evacuation.
What Insurance Do I Need To Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro?
The Travel Insurance is recommended to be taken is which will cover your entire trip. You always need to check before you purchase any travel insurance because some of the insurance companies will not include mountaineering from their insurance policy.
You may be confused with a Hazardous sports rider which gives coverage of mountaineering but only up to 4,500 meters. But, Mount Kilimanjaro is 5,895 meters. So, you will need to purchase insurance coverage that covers 6000 ft above sea level and also includes helicopter evacuation while Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
Without Best Travel Insurance, you might a victim of spending a lot of money on an emergency on the top.
Although your insurance must cover helicopter evacuation if it becomes necessary; cover eligible medical expenses and medical evacuations. It should cover the cost of getting home if you miss the flight due to an accident, injury, illness.
Your insurance should also protect you from standard travel dangers which include, baggage delay, loss of personal items, etc.
GET THE ESSENTIAL JERRY TANZANIA TOURS COMPANY PROFILE NOW
Jerry Tanzania Tours is one of the no 1 reputable operators on Mount Kilimanjaro, leading over 1000 climbs and guiding more than 2,000 people every year. Our clients have included too many Groups, Solo Traveller, Honeymooners and Adventurers etc. All agree you won't find a better Kilimanjaro outfitter for your Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. Won't you join us on the Roof of Africa? CONTINUE READING
Why Do I Need Travel Insurance For Climbing Kilimanjaro?
Travel insurance is essential, especially while trekking in remote regions where medical facilities or assistance may not be closely available. You’ll enjoy your adventure better with peace of mind knowing that you have the right insurance which covers emergency situations, especially Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro For Beginners. This can be anything from lost or stolen luggage to a full helicopter rescue off the mountain.
As you are on a high altitude level, you may also suffer from altitude sickness or HAPE which will make you not able to traverse downwards. In this case, you will need to be evacuated via helicopter and if you have Kilimanjaro Travel Insurance For High Altitude Trekking, this will be easier for you.
What Are The Benefits Of Travel Insurance For Kilimanjaro?
Kilimanjaro is the mountain with the highest altitude and you will need to make sure you have the proper insurance while Preparing To Climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
Here Are Some Of The Benefits Of Travel Insurance For :
- Sport & Equipment Extention: The travel insurance will cover all your gear and mountain equipment. You will need to add sport and equipment extension while purchasing the insurance. It covers lost, damaged, stolen, and delayed.
- Activity Pack: This covers Mountaineering and trekking up to 6000 meters above sea level.
- This cover cancellation, medical emergencies, personal belongings, cash and travel documents, and much more.
- This also covers repatriation in the event of a medical emergency, illness, accident, or injury.
- Our medical emergency helpline is available 24 hours, 365 days of the year.
- We give discounts for couples, single-parent families, and kids are covered for FREE under our family policy.
- If you change your mind, you have a 14-day cooling-off period.
What Does Kilimanjaro Travel Insurance Cover?
The travel insurance should cover all the essential and emergency requirements while on the Mountain. This Insurance will help you to solve the queries about Is Climbing Kilimanjaro Safe as well as make sure you climb the mountain with a positive mindset.
Here Is The List Of Insurance Coverage For Kilimanjaro:
- Trip cancellation.
- Trip Interruption
- Financial Default of tour operator (after 14 days).
- Hurricane & Weather.
- Travel delay.
- Missed Connection.
- Baggage & personal items loss.
- Baggage Delay [additional after 12-hour delay]
- Emergency medical dental, primary coverage.
- Medical evacuation & repatriation
- Pre-existing covered ( within 21 days of 1st pmt)
- Life Insurance
- 24-hour assistance from your travel insurance company.
- Money-back guarantees up to 15 days after purchase.
- License refund coverage (if purchased licenses aren’t used).
- No deductibles.
- Cancellation for work reasons
- Employment layoff.
- Hazardous sports and mountaineering 6000 meters above sea level.
Take The Travel insurance for Kilimanjaro – So That You Can Fully Dive Into Your Adventure
Hope this answers the question; “Do I Need Travel Insurance To Climb Mount Kilimanjaro”. There are many travel insurance companies who will explain to you prior to purchasing the plan. However, it is suggested that you ask as many as questions possible before purchasing the insurance. Our Climb Kilimanjaro Guide will clear your confusion and you will end up buying the best travel insurance.
We at Jerry Tanzania Tours can organize and arrange the travel insurance on your behalf if you request with prior notice. Your safety is our priority. Plan your next Kilimanjaro Climbing adventure with us!