Your Kilimanjaro Travel plan is undoubtedly the best thing you could do after the long pandemic break. As Tanzania is slowly opening up, thousands of climbers are choosing the Mount Kilimanjaro climbing adventure as their next trip plan.
The post-pandemic period is certainly the Best Time to Climb Kilimanjaro as you will be witnessing the cleanest and the most serene mountain top on Kilimanjaro. Mount Kilimanjaro was recognized as Africa’s leading tourist attraction in 2016 by World Travel Awards.
Helping you create some of the most unforgettable memories on Kilimanjaro, Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is the best post Pandemic plan in our opinion.
Why Climb Kilimanjaro Post-Pandemic?
As per our Climb Kilimanjaro Guide here are some things no one told you about climbing Kilimanjaro.
- Climbing the tallest free-standing mountain in the world and the highest point in Africa is the best experience you can have in your life. Mt. Kilimanjaro is part of the Seven Summits, which are the highest mountains in each of the seven continents.
- Kilimanjaro is made up of three summits; Mawenzi, Kibo, and Shira. The highest peak among these summits is Kibo which is a dormant volcano that could erupt again. Did you know that the last major eruption at Kibo took place over 300,000 years ago?
- The oldest person in history to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro is Frenchman Valtee Daniel. Having made the ascent at 87 years of age he set a world record which was unbelievable to achieve.
- Every year, over 20,000 people attempt to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. Depending on the number of hours you are climbing per day a typical ascent takes five to nine days on the mountain.
- In 2003 South African Bernard Goosen, scaled the mountain twice in a wheelchair. The first that he achieved was in 2003 and took nine days. Four years later the second and summit took six days.
- Did you know that there are five alternative Kilimanjaro Routes that climbers can use that include: Marangu, Rongai, Machame, Lemosho, and Mweka?
- Among these routes the most scenic routes are Machame and Lemosho routes.
- There are six different ecological systems that you will experience on Kilimanjaro – cultivated land, hearth, moorland, rain forest, alpine desert and an arctic peak.
- When scaling the mountain at different altitudes climbers should take caution. This is more important for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro for Beginners.
- Most essential of all it is important for the climber to be in the right company of a licensed Kilimanjaro guide for a safe climb.
To witness some of the best Kilimanjaro Guides and porter and to plan the best Kilimanjaro Travel. Join Jerry Tanzania Tours. They strive to give you complete support 24/7 hours on the mountain. Contact us now to know more about Kilimanjaro climbing tours today.