Many people dream of climbing Kilimanjaro. There are a few Kilimanjaro Routes to summit the top. We at Jerry Tanzania Tours offer Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro on five of the best routes to summit the “Roof of Africa”.
Here we have select two routes like Marangu Vs Lemosho Route & comparison every factor to Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro before decide as per the real facts.
In Marangu vs Lemosho Route competitive comparison, you will find the best route which is most suitable for you.
Kilimanjaro Marangu Route
Marangu Route or “Coca-cola” route is the only route directly connected to the top with a gradually steady ascent. It approaches from the south-east of Mt. Kilimanjaro and the only route which offers hut accommodations in-residence style lodging. In your trekking, you will see Mandara Hut, Horombo hut, and Kibo Huts.
Trekking in Marangu Route, you have to ascent as well as a descent through the same route. As a famous “tourist route”, it is a beautiful route that covers less challenging terrain.
Marangu Route is an older route that offers amazing scenery and varied wildlife. Near the hut, you can easily spot blue monkeys, colobus monkeys, hyena, bush babies, and rat species.
The success summit is low as most 0f the people have mistaken it as the easiest route and start trekking unprepared. This route is the busiest route among all the routes and doesn’t give opportunities for “Climb high and sleep low”.
For better acclimatization and prevention of altitude sickness for the successful summit, you should choose 6 Days Marangu Route among the days of 5 and 6.For the hut accommodation and the moderate way for the summit.
Why You Choose this Older Route?
- Though Marangu Route has a poor acclimatization profile, this route is the most visited route because of its hut accommodations with a standard level of comfort.
- The direct route to the top and have gradually slope for a comfortable walk.
- It is the only route that provides hut accommodation and useful especially in the rainy season.
- Marangu Route offers the most spectacular scenery for photography.
- The shortest and direct route to finishing the summit at Uhuru peak.
- Hut accommodations with comfort.
- Offers a scenic view of Kilimanjaro flora and fauna.
- Most affordable route
- The lower success rate is 65% due to poor acclimatization.
- Busiest route
- There are no opportunities for “Climb high and sleep low”
Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route
Lemosho Route approaches from the west of Mt. Kilimanjaro and descends via the Mweka route. It joins the Machame route near the Shira Plateau and known as a longer route. It is the new version of the old Shira route which is challenging and steeper than Marangu and Rongai Route.
Lemosho route offers enough time for acclimatization with opportunities for “Climb high and sleep low”. So, the success rate is high in this route. On the first days, you have to go through the beautiful and remote rainforest with stunning wildlife.
This route is known as a very scenic, unspoiled, and remote route. You will get the opportunity to enjoy the most spectacular scenic view of large wildlife in the dense vegetation. The dramatic gorges of the western side of Mt. Kilimanjaro are unmatched.
You can spot Impala, Buffaloes, and elephants in this route. During the trekking near Shira Plateau, Lava Tower, and valleys, you will enjoy the breathtaking views at high altitude.
As the Lemosho route is a longer route, it is recommended to take 8 days for better acclimatization. Jerry Tanzania Tours provides two packages 7 days Lemosho Route and 8 days Lemosho Route based on the days of itineraries.
Why You Choose this Newest Route?
- Scenic and unspoiled nature attracts hikers to the summit.
- The highest success rate as this route offers enough time for acclimatization and speedy recovery.
- Low traffic makes this route unique.
- The best route for wildlife photography as you can spot leopard, hyena, buffaloes, impala, and others.
- Provides a higher success rate between 80 – 85% for the summit at the Uhuru peak.
- Incredible “Climb high and sleep low” profile for a speedy recovery.
- Better acclimatization profile.
- Full of natural scenic views and wildlife.
- Most expensive for long itineraries.
- The longer route takes a minimum of 7 days for the summit.
- Long drive at the starting of the trekking.
Comparing Marangu vs. Lemosho Route, you can see both routes are the best as per their specification. Marangu Route specialized indirect route to the top, providing the hut accommodations and full of scenic views while Lemosho route specialized in higher summit success, better acclimatization with “climb high and sleep low” opportunity and full of the most spectacular view of scenic views. So, choose the best one as per your choice, fitness level, and summit success.
We hope you have already got the idea of selecting the most suitable route among Marangu vs. Lemosho Route for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
We Jerry Tanzania Tours strive hard to make your trip comfortable and successful, with the concern of health, safety, and hygiene.