Warning: Illegal string offset 'suggestedpageid' in /home/jerrytanzaniatou/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/jerrytanzania-child/functions.php on line 854
Warning: Illegal string offset 'relatedpackageids' in /home/jerrytanzaniatou/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/jerrytanzania-child/functions.php on line 801
Mount Kilimanjaro attracts many professional and amateur climbers to challenge its summit. The mountain offers various scenic routes to reach its peak. However, there are few routes that can be considered as the Best Way To Climb Kilimanjaro due to its scenery and highest summit success rate. We have made detailed research and put down some information on which route to choose for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
Kilimanjaro Climbing Routes – Which Is The Best For You?
Kilimanjaro Route was first discovered by Hans Meyer and it was the Marangu route which he preferred to climb with the help of Kilimanjaro Porters. Now Kilimanjaro offers more than 6 scenic routes where we have select 5 main routes that are popular to reach the summit. Our routes give you an opportunity to enjoy each day while climbing with our mountain crew.
Here are the details of the 5 scenic Kilimanjaro Route Comparisons which we offer so you can choose the best one for you and know Which Kilimanjaro Route Has The Highest Success Rate.
Wondering For The Best Route To Climb Kilimanjaro?
Be A Beginner Or An Experienced Climber, The Best Route To Climb Kilimanjaro Is Never Same For Every Trekker. Stride Carefully And Confidently To Achieve Success On Any Route You Select To Climb This Great Summit. If you’re looking for Best Route to Climb Kilimanjaro, then choosing the route which is the only suitable for you among seven Kilimanjaro Climbing Routes. CONTINUE READING
Best Way To Climb Kilimanjaro – Lemosho Route
The Lemosho Route is one of the most scenic and unspoiled routes with fewer crowds and one of the Best Way To Climb Kilimanjaro.
- The route starts from the western breach of the mountain and is less busy than other routes.
- Lemosho route offers a longer itinerary with more time for proper acclimatization.
- You will get an option to travel through the rainforest and large ice fields, giving an opportunity for the best photographs.
- Lemosho route has the highest success rate with more than 92% success rate.
- The route is less crowded as it has longer days and is a bit expensive.
- The standard day to climb is 7-8 days.
Best Way To Climb Kilimanjaro – Marangu Route
Marangu Route is the oldest and most popular route for climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. It is the busiest route on Kilimanjaro in certain periods.
- It offers shorter itineraries for a comfortable climb.
- The standard days to climb is 5-6 days and better with an extra acclimatization day.
- It offers scenic and rewarding mountain scenery of beautiful panoramic views.
- It is one of the relatively easiest routes.
- Marangu Route is the only route to provide with Huts instead of camps.
- The hut or cabin accommodation will be an added advantage on rainy days.
- It is one of the cheapest routes of all Kilimanjaro Routes.
- The success rate offered is from 65% to 80%.
- The ascent and descent go in the same path/route and may have less varied scenery.
Best Way To Climb Kilimanjaro – Machame Route
Machame Route is one of the old and most popular routes and is nicknamed as a whiskey route as it is a bit difficult compared to the Marangu route which is called the coco-cola route. It starts from the south-western side of the mountain.
- Machame route takes 6-7 days to reach the summit and may have an extra day for acclimatization.
- It is the most scenic route of the entire route and this made it a popular route.
- Breathtaking views with varied terrain throughout the climb.
- It offers time for proper acclimatization.
- It has a high success rate compared to the Marangu route.
- One of the busiest routes due to its easy climbing and shorter itinerary option.
- It has a comparatively low success rate.
- It has a success rate of more than 80%.
Best Way To Climb Kilimanjaro – Rongai Route
Rongai Route is one of the Easiest Route To Climb Kilimanjaro and is the only route that starts from the Northside of the mountain. The north side has very low rainfall and you will be safe from long rains.
- Rongai route takes 7 to 8 days to reach the summit of Kilimanjaro.
- The only route to start through the Kenya border.
- You will get an opportunity to spot wildlife at the beginning of the route.
- Though the Mawenzi peak is the most scenic peak of the mountain.
- It offersing an easy trek with gentle ascents
- It has time for proper acclimatization.
- One of the driest route in all the Kilimanjaro Routes.
- The lesser crowd and higher success rate with above 90%.
Best Way To Climb Kilimanjaro – Northern Circuit Route
Northern Circuit Route is the longest route of Mount Kilimanjaro and considered one of the Best Route To Climb Kilimanjaro.
- It takes almost 9 days to reach the top of the summit.
- It starts from the western side of the mountain.
- The northern circuit offers beautiful scenic views with incredible photography options at the rarely visited northern slope.
- It gives you the proper time for acclimatization.
- It offers a more varied terrain.
- Less crowded and quieter than the other Kilimanjaro routes.
- It has a success rate of more than 90%.
When Is The Best Time To Climb Kilimanjaro?
You can attempt Kilimanjaro round the year as it has varied climatic conditions. However, you will definitely need to choose the best time as it matters to your success rate. If you need to go at a particular time and enjoy the full of it, then the best time for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro would be during the dry season. That is from December to January and July to October.
You will be able to get the highest Kilimanjaro Success Rate and you can also avoid the long rains in Kilimanjaro. The rocks will be dry and you will not slip anywhere.
Planning and preparation are crucial to the success of a Kilimanjaro Climb!
Prepare For Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
Kilimanjaro is the highest peak in Africa and you should not be under the wrong assumption that you can climb it without any preparation. Maybe you are not able to get to the halfway. You will need to start preparation before few months of departure to Kilimanjaro.
Train your physical and mental fitness, which would be of real importance while on the mountain.
You will need to make three major decisions before you can climb Kilimanjaro:
- Decide The Date Of Climb
You need to make sure that the date which you select does not have a special occasion and it would be better if you select a date in that way where the summit reaches a full moon date.
- Decide The Climb Route And Length As Per Days And Nights
The climbing route makes a positive impact on climbing Kilimanjaro, you will need to select a route that has a longer itinerary and has a higher success rate.
- You Have To Decide On a Trekking Agency/Climb Operator
Selecting a trekking agency or climb operator would increase your success rate. Make sure you will choose a mid-range or high-range operator who has more experience and also has the professionally trained guides and porters to help you with your climb. It is important especially if you are Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro Solo.
Jerry Tanzania Tours Top Tips For Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro
As a responsible tour operator, we make sure all your requirements are fulfilled. We have guided thousands of clients to the summit of Kilimanjaro.
So, Upon Your Request, We Can Work On These On Your Behalf:
- Booking your flights
- Organizing your visa
- Getting your vaccinations
- Organizing the necessary equipment
- Getting yourself into shape – Training program
Hope now you have an idea of which is the Best Way To Climb Kilimanjaro and reach the summit top successfully. Make sure you have chosen the right route, date, and duration to make your trip more interesting.
We at Jerry Tanzania Tours help you with every single detail and make sure of your successful summit. If you want to join one of our climbs on Kilimanjaro, check our UPCOMING TRIPS and GET IN TOUCH today! Talk to our Experts!