Preparing for Kilimanjaro but a bit confused about Kilimanjaro Clothing? Don’t worry, we are here to make your Kilimanjaro Packing List simplified. The Kilimanjaro Trek from the gate of Kilimanjaro National Park will feel like walking from the equator to Antarctica. The temperatures may vary on Mount Kilimanjaro from 100 degrees to well below zero.
Therefore, if you are Preparing To Climb Mount Kilimanjaro, it is very much important to understand which is going to be the best dress to cope with the Kilimanjaro weather and you will find all the necessary information to get your Kilimanjaro Packing List ready.
HOW THE CLOTHING ON MOUNT KILIMANJARO SHOULD BE?
- On the Mount Kilimanjaro Trails, you will be trekking through four different climatic zones. Weather will be ranging from warm and tropical at the foot region of the mountain to freezing on the Kilimanjaro summit.
- To ensure your comfort in each zone you should understand the concept of layering with your Kilimanjaro Clothing.
- As the weather
changes very drastically, it is important to carry layering clothes. Layering
only works if each layer allows the passage of moisture through it. Layers of
your Kilimanjaro Clothing should
therefore hug the skin and consist of some wicking fabric.
- Cotton should be
avoided because it is hydrophilic, which means it will not allow moisture to
pass through and therefore the wicking process stops.
- Here are the different layers of Kilimanjaro Clothing that you need to take with you.
- It is the best way to keep your body in a certain temperature range at which you will feel better, no matter what the outer environment is.
- The biggest advantage of layering is that it is versatile. It is thermally efficient and space efficient too. By having multiple layers, a climber can add or remove pieces of clothing to adapt to the changing climate, activity, and body temperature.
- It is also true that
it feels warmer to wear multiple thin layers than an equal thick single layer
because the air between the layers Creates insulation. Furthermore, it also
takes less space in your backpack.
- While Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, sweat comes away from your body, the base layer should keep you dry and also provide some insulation.
- Base layers are available in different thicknesses and weights but light-weight is recommended.
- Many types of fabrics are used to construct base layers such as silk, wool, and polypropylene.
- You should look for a good quality mid-layer which will provide warmth to your body during Kilimanjaro Hike.
- Fleece provides a very good option for this purpose as it is relatively thin, fast-drying, comfortable, and light-weight. Fleeces are available in different thicknesses.
- Another most efficient insulating material is Down that will provide unmatched warmth during Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking making it the best choice for staying warm even in a cold climate.
- We recommend carrying four short sleeve shirts and two long sleeve shirts.
- Make sure the fabric is breathable, lightweight, and quick-drying polyester, merino, or nylon.
- Do not bring any cotton shirts as it does not allow moisture to pass through.
- You will be needing one to two pairs of hiking trousers in your Kilimanjaro Packing List.
- If you like wearing shorts then carry one pair of good quality trekking shorts.
- Depending on the length of your trip you should bring at least four to five pairs of sports underwear.
- For all the ladies, we recommend a minimum of two pairs of sports bras.
- It is suggested to bring a protected outer layer that will protect you from the wind as well as rain and snow.
- The material contains numerous microscopic pores that block large water molecules outside.
- Along with the above Kilimanjaro clothing, there are some other accessories that you must wear while Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
must carry Sun hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen, etc., every sun protection
weapon. Because as you know the Mount Kilimanjaro is exactly on the equatorial
line, so the scorch from the sun will be heavy.
- You should add two to three pairs of inner and outer gloves and socks to your Kilimanjaro Packing List.
- If you feel more comfortable in shorts then you can carry one pair of trekking shorts.
DAY WISE KILIMANJARO CLOTHING
- On the first day of your trekking life, you will feel the typical tropical weather as you will be on the foot region of Mount Kilimanjaro. Keep yourself dry with a thin layer because you are going to sweat heavily in the foot region.
- On the second and third day of the Kilimanjaro trek, you will walk through the mountain with a trekking shirt, trousers, sun hat, etc.
- Days four and five will definitely need to pull on a fleece and hat. If it feels too windy walk in your waterproof jacket. You must add a mid-layer to your day bag which you will be needing while walking in. You will want to wear thermals in the evening as you have reached a certain height where the temperature lows down to around -15 degrees centigrade.
- Your summit day is going to freeze you. As there will be a deadly cold climate, we suggest keeping your thermals on top and bottom. You can add fleece or insulated jackets and head gaiter. Again it is better to wear several layered clothes for better warmth.
If you are Preparing To Climb Mount Kilimanjaro, then make sure that you keep all the above necessary Kilimanjaro Clothing in your lightweight duffle bag. Traveling with us, Jerry Tanzania Tours will make you experience the best Kilimanjaro trip ever as we deliver all the possible facilities abiding by all the safety norms.
Check out some exciting offers by Jerry Tanzania Tours. Give your opinion below in the comment section and let us know if you have any queries. Our experts are always ready to solve your problem.