The secret of successful acclimatization is drinking plenty of water. Along with all the safety precaution and Kilimanjaro Health & Medications, You need to drink at least four liters of water during your Kilimanjaro Climb. Lack of water content in your body can cause severe High Altitude Sickness. So, you should carry sufficient water in your Kilimanjaro Daypack while Climbing Kilimanjaro.
NOTE: Disposable, Single-use plastic water bottles are not allowed on Kilimanjaro. Water needs to be carried in reusable containers such as a Nalgene bottle or water bladder.
What Happens To You When Your Body Gets Dehydrated?
In a normal environment, a human body loses 2.5-liter water every day. This loss is magnified when you go to a higher altitude. You cannot survive without water.
- Dehydration causes a reduced ability to perform your best.
- A scientific survey says if our body fetches 1% dehydration, then that will reflect in our mood, attention, coordination.
- Dehydration can cause high blood pressure and thickening of the blood, which will trigger cardiovascular problems.
- The symptoms that are shown when your body gets dehydrated are fatigue, headache, weakness, skin drying, dizziness, etc.
How To Stay Hydrated During Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro?
If you research about Kilimanjaro Health & Medications staying hydrated will help you to stay away from Kilimanjaro altitude sickness. You can carry your drinking water in your Kilimanjaro Daypack during Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- The Best Daypack For Kilimanjaro includes a 3-liter camelback and a water bottle. It is enough to keep you hydrated on Kilimanjaro. These water containers are very comfortable to carry during the trekking and it does not add big to your Kilimanjaro Daypack Size.
- Drink water at regular intervals even if you are not thirsty.
- In the evening, after reaching your tent drink a good amount of water. You can drink one liter at the arrival and one liter after drink. This is the perfect time to mix your water with some electrolytes so that you can gather the energy for the next day.
We get a lot of queries about the size of the Kilimanjaro Daypack like What Size Bag Should I Have For A Daypack? So we want to clear you that a normal daypack size is 20 to 35 liter. If you choose the smaller pack, then it will be sufficient for half day. So it is recommended to carry a big one to carry some extra food, water, and other necessary things.
What Medications And Vaccinations Do I Need To Climb Kilimanjaro?
Apart from hydration, some vaccination and medications are also important for the Kilimanjaro tour. Many people have this question in their minds that What Medications And Vaccinations Do I Need To Climb Kilimanjaro? There are some most recommended vaccinations before you leave for climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. Let’s have a look at What Vaccinations Do I Need For Kilimanjaro?
- Hepatitis B&A
- Yellow fever
These vaccines are mandatory for Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing. Apart from this, you must take some necessary medicines like anti-malaria medicine, anti-cold medicine, etc.
Kilimanjaro Health & Medications Guide By Jerry Tanzania Tours
Mount Kilimanjaro has very dry weather. So in this climate, the loss of body water is quite obvious but dangerous. You should be very careful about Kilimanjaro Health & Medications. We, at Jerry Tanzania Tours, recommend sufficient water during your Mount Kilimanjaro Hike along with some electrolyte pouch which gives instant hydration to the body. There are some exciting offers for you.
So hurry up & keep your bags packed. Feel free to contact us.