Hello guys, we are here to give you the Information about Secretary Bird Size, one of the tallest living birds of prey With a Latin Name Sagittarius Serpentarius.
The Secretary Bird Size is tall and large, and located in open grasslands and savannah of the sub-Saharan region. The Secretary Bird has a head like an eagle with yellow color around its eyes. This hunter bird has long legs covered with thick black scales to protect the leg from snake venom.
Secretary Bird Size
The Height Of The Secretary Bird varies between 4 m to 4.3 m, but their height can increase up to 4.9 m. With a weight of 2.3 kg to 5 kg, they have an impressive wingspan of 6.2 ft to 7.2 ft and 2 meters wide.
The wings protect the Secretary Bird from the snake bite while chasing. With the curved talons on their ends, the toes are thick and strong. The secretary bird has a lifespan of 10-15 years and in captivity, it can live up to 19 years. Around the eyes, there are thick feathers and have black feathers on the end of the wing and thighs. There are black crests on the back of their head, which looks like old quill pens in their head.
Physical Characteristics Of Secretary Bird
- Crest: There is the crest on the back of the head of the secretary bird, which looks like a stock of old quill pens held by official secretaries.
- Head: The head of the Secretary Bird is not large as an eagle, but has the structure of an eagle. Around the eyes, you can see the yellow and red colors and also has thick feathers.
- Wings: With a wingspan of 6.2 ft to 7.2 ft and wideness of 2 meters, the secretary bird looks big.
- Tail: Tail varies between 57 to 85 cm and held upright. It helps to maintain balance when running fast and also in a time of the fight.
- Feet: The feet of Secretary Birds strong and have thick soles, which help to stamp the snake to death.
- Plumage: The plumages are in white color and the black in end.
- Legs: The legs are long with covered thick scales to protect them from the snake venom during the chase.
During Tanzania Safari Tours, you can find this hunter bird in Lake Manyara and Lake Eyasi, and also in Arusha and Serengeti national park. For More Information about Secretary Bird Visit @ jerrytanzaniatours.com/blog/know-the-secretary-bird-diet-and-habitat/