Tanzania Safari is the best place to see the numerous wilderness in one place. But deciding the best time to go on a Tanzania Wildlife Safari seems very confusing but it can be simplified if you analyze, what you are looking to get out of your trip. Tanzania Safari Tours is roughly divided into two vast areas, Northern Tanzania and Southern Tanzania.
In this blog, we are going to discuss the Northern and the Southern area of the Tanzanian Safari and which will be the better option for you and why.
Wildlife In Tanzania
- When it comes to Tanzania Safari, the first thing that comes to our mind is the Great Migration Tanzania in Serengeti National Park.
- The serenity of Tanzanian nature gives you a spectacular view of pink clouds, flocks of flamingos, numerous other species, and many more.
- Ruha national Park has 10% of the world’s total number of lions.
- In both Ruha National Park and Selous National Park, you will find huge herds of elephants and buffalos.
- Moreover, Tanzania is the hidden treasure of the plentiful wildlife species, which you can observe closely.
Northern Tanzania Safari
- The northern region of Tanzania is crowded with wilderness where you will get some iconic safari experiences.
- You can watch a big fat migration of elephants roam the Tarangire National Park.
- At Manyara Lake, you will find a big flock of pelicans and flamingos.
- In this section of Tanzanian land, Serengeti National Park is there, which is the biggest host of the famous Serengeti Wildebeest Migration and some best game viewing. It is the perfect destination for those who have a special attraction for big games.
- The Northern Circuit offers the most elegant Tanzania Safari Tours as you will see the Great Migration Tanzania of a huge number of animals travel thousands of Kilometers and the indigenous Massai Warriors tending their cattle on the plains of Serengeti National Park.
- The north region of Tanzania is blessed with Arusha, Manyara, Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Western Kilimanjaro, and Tarangire National Park.
- At Ngorongoro Crater, you will find the royal activities of the Big Five Families, Lion, Leopard, Rhinoceros, Buffalo, and Elephant.
- If you are planning for a combined plan to explore the Tanzania Safari Tours along with Kilimanjaro Trek then Northern Tanzania will be the best.
Southern Tanzania Safari
- The southern part of the Tanzania Safaris possesses a more off beaten track.
- You will find more open space in this region and there is less number of safari camps. So you will get an exclusive experience here.
- Though there is plenty of wildlife on the southern side too, it is not as much as you find in the north.
- Here you have to search for the animals more actively as the density of wilderness is a bit less here.
- The real advantage of the southern side is that you will find a huge range of game activities there along with bushwalking, boat trips, etc.
- South of Tanzania Safari offers something different experience for the intrepid travelers because the Selous and Ruha National Parks have hidden treasures in the form of a game.
Which One Is Better; Northern Tanzania Safari Or Southern Tanzania Safari?
It is not at all easy to choose between Northern and Southern Tanzania Safari. Because both the regions hold well in their prospective fields. Still, let’s try to find one answer.
- If you are a roadie or love to travel by road then the norther era will a better choice. The distance from Dar Es Salaam to the Ruha National Park or Selous National Park stops safari by road usually.
- If you want to visit the southern part of Tanzania Safari, you will be needing the light aircraft which will operate from Dar es Salaam and Arusha.
- The panoramic beauty of the northern circuit will astonish you.
- If you are a person who loves fewer crowds, then southern Tanzania is your place. The northern area becomes really busy during the high seasons, starting from January to February and July to October.
- The southern circuit of Ruha and Selous gets less traffic as compared to the Northern Circuit perhaps because of the location and the connectivity.
- You can enjoy the peaceful boat ride in Selous and its borders.
For a great Safari Life, Tanzania Safari Tours is the best choice. Choose your time and the preferred area between the North and South and get set going. However, we suggest the Northern region as it has a larger concentration of wildlife. Keep your packing list ready and travel with Jerry Tanzania Tours to experience the real touch of wilderness amidst the serenity of Tanzanian nature.
Contact us for booking assistance and get expert advice.
Let us know your opinion as well as queries in the comment section below.